So if your a blogger, or maybe even if your not, you may – or may not have – heard of the Liebster Blog Award. It is an internet award that is for bloggers from bloggers. The word ‘Liebster’ is a German word meaning ‘sweetheart’, ‘beloved person’, ‘lovely’, ‘valued’, ‘welcome’. Basically, bloggers “nominate” other bloggers for the award and it helps to bring attention/new followers/visitors to their blog. Ya know, ‘cuz they kinda “value” that blogger. 😉 Kinda nice! 🙂
The rules are:
~Answer the 11 questions of the blogger that nominated you
~Link your answers and post back to the blogger that nominated you – with a little shout-out to them, of course!
~Nominate 11 new bloggers that have less than 200 followers
~Give them 11 questions to answer
~Let them know you nominated them! 😉
I’m telling you about this award why?! Because I was nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by Liz at 26.2×2! 🙂 Thanks Liz!
stalking following each other for a little while now, and end up having quite a few ‘LOL’ moments at the random things that are so similar in our lives/hubby’s.
So. Here were her questions for me!
1. How long have you been running for? About 20 years total – I started when I was about 14, but through my 20’s I was very sporadic and never ran consistently. Until 2.5 years ago when I started back up again and have stayed with it consistently and fell back in love with running.
2. What’s the furthest distance you’ve ever run? Well, fully RAN 14 miles, but I did complete a full marathon back in 2004 – but I walked at least ½ of it and did not train WHATSOEVER!
3. What’s your p.r.? For a ½ marathon – and I’ve only done 1 so far! – 2:20, but I now know that I can get faster and probably break the 2 hour mark someday.
6. What’s your favorite time of year to go running? Spring or fall – I kind of love fall more because I LOVE the crunchy leaves and all the colors. But spring is fabulous because it’s like a “fresh beginning” after a long, cold, dark winter.
8. If you could enter a race ANYWHERE, which race would it be? Portland, OR – simply because I’ve never been there, but we want to live there one day – having mountains AND water is my ideal living situation, so naturally I would LOVE to RUN through/by the mountains and water! 😉
9. What’s your favorite running song? At the moment, Hall of Fame by The Script – it makes me feel like I’m training for the Olympics and that I can run ANYTHING! haha
10. Do you have any pets? If so what kind and how many? Yup, 1 black cat, Roxy. And yes, I treat her like a real kid. 😉
11. Name one hobby you enjoy other than running. EATING! Haha, just kidding. Um, shopping? But if time and money were not factors right now, I would have LOTS of other hobbies! I LOVE boating, 4 wheeling, flying (I WILL have my private pilot’s license one day!) and camping (which we will hopefully start doing this year!) Yes, I could EASILY be a hobby junkie.
Now, I had a really hard time finding bloggers that had less than 200 followers! I follow a LOT of bloggers, but they are all pretty seasoned in the blog world and have tons of followers! But to hold fast to the reason behind this award, I searched high and low for some fellow bloggers who don’t have thousands of followers, and kind of love running! However, a few of them may have more than 200 followers…
1. Nicole from Pink Elephant on Parade
2. Elizabeth from Positive Changes for Life
3. Jenn from Mark my Miles
4. Jan from Sprouts n Squats
5. Emma from Life’s a Runner
6. Karen at Runner Girl Eats
7. Lauren at The Unlikely Runner
8. Mary at Minutes per Mile
9. Cely at Running off the Reese’s
10. Kate at Daily Cup of Kate
11. Victoria at Running Peanut
And my 11 questions for them! 🙂
1. Run with or without music?
2. Running/race goals for 2014?
3. Favorite cross-training workouts?
4. Solo runner, running partner, or group/”run club” runs?
5. Pre-race and race fuel?
6. What do you want to be when you “grow up” – what’s your dream job?
7. What is one thing on your bucket list?
8. FIVE things you love about yourself. (And don’t give me, “I can’t think of anything” crap! There ARE 5 things you can come up with! And if you’re having trouble coming up with 5, this is probably a great exercise for you! 😉 )
9. Fave restaurant and meal there?
10. Morning or afternoon/evening runner?
11. Fave race you’ve done or a race that you would LOVE to run?