Chocolate is the only thing that happened today that is worth talking about. True story. And by chocolate, I mean Blissful Britt’s Vegan Chocolate Fudge. I might have made a little substitute in the recipe – instead of 1 cup of chocolate chips, I used 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1/2 cup peanut butter chips.
You guys. If you like chocolate –
which, if you don’t, I don’t know if we could be friends in real life (jk. kinda.) – and you like coffee, you are going to make these babies and then proceed to eat the whole pan. While hiding in a corner so that the rest of your household doesn’t even know they exist because you won’t want to share. Just sayin’. (No, that is not what I did, but it’s what I wanted to do.)
Here is the recipe:
1 heaping cup vegan chocolate chips
1/2 cup coconut butter, solidified
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 TBSP freshly ground coffee
~Make sure your coffee is not only freshly ground, but also freshly purchased. Old coffee has minimal flavor.~
- Line a baking pan with wax paper and set aside. The dimensions will depend on how thick/wide you want your fudge. (I used an 8×9 pan)
- Using a double boiler, melt your chocolate chips and stir until smooth. Stir in the coconut butter, vanilla, and 1 TBSP. ground coffee. Stir until melted and well combined.
- Pour mixture into your pan, and smooth out with a spatula. Mix your remaining ground coffee with some sea salt (about 1 tsp, depending on how salty you like things) and sprinkle generously on top of the fudge mixture.
- Place into your fridge to set for a couple hours. Or if you’re impatient like I am, place into the freezer for less wait time. (Which, I totally put the pan in the freezer for about an hour.)
- When ready to consume, set out on your counter to soften for about 30 minutes. (I did not let them sit for 30 minutes either. They were hard enough, but soft enough to cut after 1 hour in the freezer.)
~The Hus LOVED them.
~Hits “the spot” for a chocolate fix – AND caffeine! 😉
Thanks Britt! These were Uhhhhh-mazing! 🙂
And if your ever looking for other healthy, vegan, sweet – or not – recipes, you should check out her “space“.