I thought I was tired last night?! That was nothin’. And yes, I actually went to bed, I think, before 10:00. Rare. Anyway, I’m just a wee bit more tired tonight. Actually, it’s more my muscles that are tired this time, and not as much my body, mind, and soul.
1. My legs are still sore from Strike last night and still tired from 55 minutes of pool running. I forgot how much swimming just sucks the life right outta ya. I love that feeling. Really, I do. I was raised in a pool. By the time I was 7 days old, I knew what it was like to be under water. Thanks, Mom. 😉
2. Contact, a.k.a. boxing, tonight. Um, can I just pat myself on the back for a sec and say I went into beast mode? Like, more beast mode than usual. Exhibit A.
A guy asked if I would share my bag, and of course I said yes. Resistance on the other side of the bag is ALWAYS a great thing! What I didn’t account for, was that it was gonna be 10 TIMES the resistance of another girl being on the other side. #bloodyknuckles #I’mbeast #Iwillwinanyfight
3. I don’t know how, or why, but after contact, I had “extra” energy. I know. Don’t ask me how that happened after the beating I took…but since I had the energy, I didn’t wanna waste it. I did what any crazy person would do. I went to the park with The Hus and I ran the 2 mile trail while he walked it. And when I say “trail”, I mean “trail”. Exhibit B. And C, D, & E.
I didn’t even use my GPS to track speed. I just ran. With my butt-kicking playlist. I just know I started at 8:28 and finished at 8:46. 2 miles in 18 minutes. I’ll take it. Since The Hus wasn’t quite done with his 2 miles, I found a picnic table, and,…get this…Alexander would be so proud…I DID PUSH-UPS!!!!! ON MY OWN!!! WITHOUT SOMEONE TELLING ME TO!!!!! Yup. 4 sets of 15. THEN, he still wasn’t done, so I did 3 sets of 10 tricep dips. Thank God he was done at that point, because I had no strength left in my arms, and I had told myself I was going to just keep doing rounds of 10 until he finished. I was a hot mess. Exhibit F.
4. Just the essentials. Figured I should start taking some glucosamine to help with muscle recovery. Can’t hurt right? I’ve had these glucosamine pills for a while, but I’m really bad at taking vitamins consistently…I’m like a kid – I gag and choke every time. And I’m so excited to have found a new flavor of Izze!!!!!!! – PEAR! It’s so yum.
5. I just love it when my furkid wants to cuddle and take a nap with me…
(Nevermind the fact that I’m literally holding her down and she was whining the whole time. Like she was getting abused or something…who doesn’t like hugs and kisses?!)
6. In case you missed it, or you didn’t put 2 & 2 together, this happened this week…
I wasn’t going to say anything because I’m afraid of failing the test…I hate tests…but I figured what the heck. Maybe the pressure will help?! But ya, I signed up with NASM (National Academy of Sports Medicine) for their personal trainer course. Now that I have told you my little scary secret, I’m holding you all accountable. For what, I dunno…Once I’m done with this certification, I’ll be moving on to the health coaching program with the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. I figure they go hand in hand, and my goal is, by this time next year, I’m making my own schedule and determining myself how much I’m making. Not only that, fitness and eating healthy is my passion. I’m not perfect…I don’t have the perfect “fitness” body…I don’t ALWAYS eat healthy…but I try my best and I’ve learned a few things along my own road to losing weight and getting healthy, and I LOVE encouraging others and helping others become “in the know” on these kinds of things. After all, our health is in OUR hands. And so why can’t my money-maker be something I have a passion for?? It can. And i’m determined to make it that way. I love what Foodie Loves Fitness quoted on her blog today (she is in the middle of the health coaching program with IIN right now…)…”America doesn’t have a healthcare system. We have a disease management system.” ~Andrew Weil, IIN lecturer
So tell me, what’s YOUR passion? Is it your hobby? Job?? Are you even using your passion??? Remember, we only live once. Make it count. And don’t give me that “I’m too old” line! Your NOT “too old” to use your passion to fuel yourself AND others. 🙂