A chaotic 12 mile run.

Hi. Long time no talk. Not really I guess…just a couple days…So remember how I conned The Hus into buying us bikes so that he could ride a bike with me during my long runs? The debate is still out with whether or not that was a good idea… ๐Ÿ™‚ It took us a good hour/hour and a half just to get out the door. He couldn’t find his headphones…then he couldn’t figure out what shoes matched his outfit (really?)…the list goes on. We didn’t leave until about 12:45 I think.

I had used ‘Map my Run‘ to plan a 12 mile run around town, but as soon as we started out, I was regretting it because of all the stop and go downtime at the intersections.ย THEN!ย There were so many times where the sidewalk just…RAN OUT! Which, I guess is fine, but my feet were soaked and muddy within the first mile. I mean, it was drizzling the whole time too… Good times. ๐Ÿ™‚



I wore my new belt – LOVE IT! It was so convenient and it never bothered me once! #gooddecision

One of my other problems, was that I hadn’t eaten much between Thursday and Friday, so my energy and fuel levels ran out pretty early. Then The Hus’ sugar dropped. (He’s diabetic, kinda.) The last 2 weeks he’s been doing really good eating and exercising more (he RAN 2 MILES FRIDAY NIGHT!!!!! YAAAA!), so he has no idea how to fuel for working out, AND he’s trying to get off of his sugar pills. I gave him some of my Nuun and gummies. And I had taken a Bear Naked bar for him, but it wasn’t enough. We were kinda close to the running store, so we made a little detour to the running store and he bought us some more gummies (I only had 6 left in the package I grabbed ๐Ÿ˜ฆ Smart, I know.). More gummies just wasn’t gonna cut it for HIM though, so he left me at that point and went to eat an actual meal. That was at mile 6. So I finished the second half a little faster. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I did get pretty thirsty for water about mile 9, and when I stopped in a gas station to get a drink from a water fountain, they didn’t have a water fountain. ๐Ÿ˜ฆ Note to self: stick $5 in your running belt for times such as these. ย I survived though and made it home. From start to finish, I think I was gone over 3 hours. haha. Total chaos I tell ya. BUT, next time we will be better prepared and Philco realizes that he will need to eat more before a workout like that. (Is it bad that I’m glad he experienced that though, because maybe now he’ll get off my back about telling me I eat too many carbs! ๐Ÿ˜‰ )



So that was that. We ended up taking naps later and then having movie night.

Sunday was a rest day. And by rest day, Iย mean REST DAY! I caught up on the whole 3rd season of ‘Revenge’, and got The Hus to take me to Whit’s for some custard. Since it was National Ice Cream day and all. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I didn’t have my phone to show you how good it was, but mint chocolate chip and chocolate sea salt caramel = YUMMMM!!!

Today I had an appointment after work, so I never made it to Strike at the gym. So I went to the park with Phillipi. I did 4 miles and he did 2.



And then I made some chocolate zucchini bread and fried zucchini with the zucchini that one of Philco’s coworkers gave him. I’ll post the bread recipe in a minute. ๐Ÿ™‚

IMAG0671[1] IMAG0673[1] IMAG0674[1]


Did you have ice cream for National Ice Cream day?? What kind??? What’s your favorite?




Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s