I made these pumpkin donut holes a few weeks ago and they were SO good that I held out on sharing the recipe with you. 🙂 These are from Davida over at The Healthy Maven and my, oh my! They are DEEE-LISH!! If you love pumpkin, you NEED to make these healthy little pumpkin donuts!
1/2 C. oat flour
1/2 C. brown rice flour
4 TBS. coconut flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. allspice
1/8 tsp. ground cloves
1/3 C. coconut oil
1/2 C. coconut palm sugar
1 large egg +1 large egg white
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 C. pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
For the coating:
2 TBS. coconut oil, melted
1.5 TBS. cinnamon
3 TBS. coconut palm sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a mini muffin tin (or regular muffin tin) with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Combine coconut oil and coconut palm sugar.
- Add in egg and egg white.
- Add in vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl combine flours, spices, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry mix to wet and beat until well combined.
- Stir in pumpkin.
- Roll into tablespoon sized balls and place into individual muffin tins.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes.
- Melt coconut oil for coating and place in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine coconut palm sugar and cinnamon for coating.
- For each donut hole dip into coconut oil using one hand and roll in cinnamon/coconut palm sugar mixture with the other hand.
- Store in an airtight container on counter for several days or longer in refrigerator.
And enjoy! I know we sure did! Thanks Davida!
Here is the link to the recipe on The Healthy Maven: